Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Minecraft Happy Birthday~DCD Guest Designer

Hello all!  Today I am a guest designer on the Die Cuttin Diva's blog.  Head on over there to see all the other DT creations and to participate in their BIRTHDAY challenge!  This is what I created for inspiration:
I started by making the background using scraps of cardstock.  I layered them to be reminiscent of Minecraft world layers.  I then embossed the background with a folder that had squares on it.  I tied Chocolate Truffle and Limeade Trendy Twines around that background layer.  The focal point banner and words were created using unbranded die cuts from eBay and the Minecraft Steve head was a svg file I created and cut using my Silhouette Cameo.  I added sequins in the bottom corner with Glue Dots for a finishing touch.
Since I have 3 boys and they get invited to birthday parties, I decided to make several more of these cards!
So what are you waiting for?  Head on over to the Die Cuttin Diva's blog and enter in their "Birthday" challenge today!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

7 comments:

  1. So AWESOME Beth! My Boys LOVED Minecraft! The background looks cool and nice job making multiple ones to have on hand for those Birthday parties you get invited too!!! Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! Thanks for being our guest designer this week at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cool!! Congrats on your GD post over at DCD!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so fun!! I love the embossing!! Congrats on your GD spot!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous set of cards, super fun design! Congrats on the GD spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool! Thanks for being our guest designer at Die Cuttin Divas this week.

    ReplyDelete