Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Nautical Hutch Card

Welcome to another Wednesday with a project using Victorine Originals stamps!  This week I am using their Nautical Hutch stamp and Tim Holtz Distress Inks to add color to it.  

I stamped the Nautical Hutch with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto watercolor paper.  I die cut around the image and kept the GMD stitched rectangle die around the watercolor paper and shaded the image with Tea Dye, Salty Ocean and Weathered Wood Distress Inks.
That way, when I removed the metal die, there was a pretty white border on the paper.
Next, I added a small amount of water into the palm of one hand and clapped above the image, making the water splatter all over the panel.  I dabbed off the excess water drops after a few seconds.
After the water was dried, I watered down a little white acrylic paint and flicked it onto the panel.  I dried it with my embossing gun.
Here is the finished card!  I added patterned paper from DCWV's Beach House stack.  The watercolor paper was adhered to the blue patterned paper with Tombow Xtreme permanent adhesive.  I used foam tape between the layers of patterned paper.
This picture lets you see the water reaction to the distress inks and the white paint splatters close up.
The only embellishment I added to the card was a sailor knot using Totally White and Totally Kraft Trendy Twines.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering here:
March 31 613 Avenue Create
March 31 DL Art
April 1 Little Scrap Pieces
April 4 Die Cuttin Divas
April 4 TTCRD
April 12 Word Art Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love the background you created with the distress inks and paint specks! That knot looks amazing with the twine! Awesome techniques on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you getting all inking! Rock on Sister! Your card looks FABULOUS! LOVE how the background turned out and the image is awesome... Beautiful work! Have a great day! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful card! Love the destresses inking, looks amazing!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Diva's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth the background is stunning and I really like the contrast with the stamp.
    Glad you dropped it onto the front porch at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl DT Member xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Such a sweet card, I love your colors and patterns! Thank you for Joining in our Anything Goes challenge at Word Art Wednesday! Ginny M DT

    ReplyDelete