Monday, September 05, 2016

Floral Hexagon Box

Hello friends!  Today is my day to post on the SVG Attic blog, and I am sharing a gift box I created using the hexagon box from the Basic Deep Lid Boxes set.  It was very easy to assemble.  I used papers from DCWV's Gilded Grey stack for it.
After the box was completed, I created the band to go around it.  I loosely wrapped the ribbons around the box to create it, making sure it can be slipped on and off the box easily and trimmed the ribbon to slightly overlap. I hot glued of the ribbon together as previously measured, making sure it didn't adhere the ribbon to the box, only to the other end of the ribbon.
The flower is from the Pretty Purses file.  I kept the center off of it and used wooden buttons instead.
Finally I added a stamped banner, sequins, and a key with lace on it for embellishments.
As you can see, the band slips right off so the box can be opened!

New to SVG Attic?  Check out these awesome places!

Want to see what all the papers in DCWV's Gilded Grey stack look like?  Here is a flip through video I made of it:

I'm also so excited to share that this box is featured on the A.C. Moore website HERE and on the DCWV website HERE.  YAY!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

4 comments:

  1. This is sooooo PRETTY Beth! LOVE the cardstock and the burlap wrap around the box.... such elegance! Have a wonderful day! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful box! I have loved this since I first saw it! So many amazing details and gorgeous papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS Beth! The papers are so beautiful! I love the touch of burlap and lace. Your flower is amazing....love this project!!!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is really BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the gold, the bow and burlap!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete