Monday, April 15, 2013

Thomas the Train Card

I am so excited that I was chosen to be a Guest Designer for ScrappyDew!  It really is an honor for my projects to be considered good enough for being on a design team :)  Michelle, the design team leader has been so very patient and helpful with me since I am new to all of this.  If you have a spare time, check out her blog at http://www.michellemybellecreations.com/.  You'll be glad you did!

Now on to my project...
I decided to make a Thomas the Train birthday card to give to one of my nephews.  After all, what little boy doesn't love trains??  I used the new Choo Choo SVG's from ScrappyDew.  They are so adorable!  I cut the files small enough to fit on a A2 size card.  Here is how it turned out:

 
A close up of Thomas
and of the railroad crossing sign.

For the sky I used a piece of paper from K&Company. For the grass I simply used a decorative scissors and cut two different layers of green cardstock.  Oh, and by the way, ScrappyDew is having an amazing sale right now on their SVG's...80% off a purchase of $35 or more!

I really hope you enjoyed the card and maybe even inspired you to create one of your own!
Happy Crafting!


Linking up with 
Sunday Funday #8 Link Party
DL.ART April linky party

Entering here:
The Pink Elephant




3 comments:

  1. Beth, welcome to the ScrappyDew Team! We're happy to have you as a Guest Designer.

    Your nephew is going to love this card! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card came out so nice Beth, Love the train and the colors are perfect.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes April Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete