Tuesday, April 30, 2013

First Haircut Layout

This is another guest design team project for ScrappyDew.  I was inspired to use the files from the First Haircut SVG set on this layout since I just recently gave my youngest his first haircut!  He looks so much bigger and older now that his hair is all trimmed up :) 
This is the title that is included in the files of that kit.  I think it is the perfect addition to the page!  I used pop-dots under it for dimension.
And finally a close-up of the boy and the hairdresser/mom that I added to the page.  I created the glasses to the mom so it would look more like me :)  I made them by welding simple shapes together in SCAL2.
This layout isn't overly busy or embellished to the max, which I tend to do sometimes, but I think in it's simplicity it documents this sweet moment just right.
I hope you enjoy it!


Linking up with 
Sunday Funday #8 Link Party
DL.ART April linky party

11 comments:

  1. Beth, this is amazing. Your son is so adorable!

    Great job!!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader for ScrappyDew Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle! SD files make it easy to make layouts super cute :)

      Delete
    2. So precious. Thanks for playing with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet and cute. What a great layout I will definately check out those cuts but your barber doll and cute little haircut guy are just way too fun!! I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes April Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks! Your wonderful comments always bring a smile to my face :)

      Delete
  3. Cute lay-out Beth!! Your son looks adorable :-D
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute lay-out..Love the paper dolls. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday. Please join us again as we start another Challenge today. God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable, cute layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute layout. He is a cute little one. I love all the embellishments you put with this picture. Great Job Thank You for joining us over at the Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute layout, love the paper dolls! Thanks so much for joining us for the CIP challenge, hope to see you again! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome layout. Love all the details and embellishments. The paper dolls make it really stand out.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~Sandra V.
    http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete